August 30, 2011

Dining OUT!


Typical Iftar Appetizer
Dates, apricots and bread.

Olives are a huge part of the dining experience.
PS..... I HATE olives!

What you need to know about dining is that if you
finish your food, especially appetizers, they
will bring more and more.
So the rule is do not clean your plate!

The veggies seemed odd at first as the cucumber and
and tomato is self serve, cut what you want. 

Potatoes....these were a hot appetizer, common.
Yummmmm!

My friend ordered this - traditional lebanese dish.
Lamb with a sauce-gravy and vegetables...spicy!

This was a salad with tuna.....this was a lot of food!

One of the girls did the buffet and the desserts
were endless.  This was a chocolate tort with
cream filling and fresh raspberries. 

Shredded lamb, called shwarma.

This was mine....not what I thought I was getting.
Grilled veggies is what I ordered.  Came with white rice and
the log looking item is lamb mixed with veggies. Not a
real fan of that - this was too spicy for me. 

I was asked why I did not eat my "lamb stick"
and I said it was too spicy for me. Don't do this....
as it prompts conversation and more inquiries. Just
say you are full!  As a gift we were offered
Moroccan tea. It is hot and poured in small glasses,
like we would use for juice. As seen in this
picture he pours from very high and did not splash.

This is the glass for the tea. HOT!
Although, very delicious!  I may
try making this at home, but pour from
a safe level.


Three Words:  Trying New Foods.....

No comments:

Post a Comment